Friday 18 January 2013

Barely there with bareMinerals Original Foundation review

As you may be aware by now I have been on the hunt for a foundation that is tough enough to deal with my difficult skin (dry nose, spotty on occasion and oily tea zone, lucky me hay) so i usually head for the foundation that promises me the world plus camo concealment coverage but as I'm delving more into the makeup universe I'm starting to realise that's maybe where I'm going wrong.

So i present to you my new friend, bareMinerals Original Foundation...


I wouldn't exactly say this was love at first application because if I'm honest i was a little baffled by it at first, i wasn't 100% sure it was the right shade, i laughed in its face on how the hell it was gonna cope with my less then perfect complexion but now i realise i owe it an apology. 



You don't need a lot of product to cover a large area and with the right brush the blending takes a matter of minutes. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush which i purchased in a set from Boots (beyond brilliant brushes, would highly recommend investing in as they are good value, excellent quality and if that wasn't enough they were designed by Pixiwoo sister Sam!). I start off from the cheeks and just buff in circular motions over my whole face and also down the neck to blend it all together.  


Once this is all blended in there is no need for powdering obviously and it lasts all day with no slip what so ever. This really is a lovely product to wear as it kept my skin from getting oily or dry where it usually does and didn't cling to any dry skin i may have hidden beneath. 

The coverage is excellent, i barely needed any concealer on after but i did anyway just out of habit more then anything else. As for the feel of it on my skin, well it felt as if I wasn't evening wearing make up! That is how light it is, there was no feeling of wanting to wash my face off because of the yucky, greasy feeling liquid products sometimes leave your face feeling 6 hours in. 


As for the shades, I have very pale skin that boarders on yellow tones so this matches me quite well if i blend it enough however they do a shade lighter, Fair, which i think will give a try as this makes me look a little tanned. They have now released a Matte version for oilier skin types so i may purchase that and have the Light shade for summer. 

This is available on QVC for £22 for a 8 g pot that will last you at least a year if not longer. It has SPF 15 in so will protect you from those sneaky sun rays a little and because it is full of minerals it won't clog up your skin or cause bacteria to form. 

There is also a Flawless Face Brush available at QVC, priced at £21 but if you have a good face brush from another brand such as Real Techniques or MAC then that would work just as well.

For fuss free, light weight feeling skin that stays flawless all day, i would without a doubt give this a go! Let me know what you guys think :)

Kel x

No comments:

Post a Comment